Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Home again

Ah, we've moved. We spent the night in a new house, a new environment and blessedly on our thera-pedic bed for the first time in almost a month. Despite being as tired as I've ever been, I slept well.

I'm writing from my newest office on my netbook and I'm finding my fingers too big for the keys and the sound doesn't work on the computer because, I'm sure, of something I've done.

But I'm writing.

Mary and I went for a two-mile walk that turned out to be a 1.9-mile walk this morning in the cool brush of spring/summer. It was envigorating as we walked hills for the first time. The brush and the trees were as lush and green as someting in the northeast, and we were briks in our walk.

I've got boxes where my boxes were yesterday and we don't know where my shaving stuff is and this and that and that and this.

But this, dear reader, I know.

Let us pray:
Eternal God, bless this hgome provided as a parsonage to asssure the domestic comfort of all those called of God and appointed by the Bishop to serve this congregation.
Msy those who reside here experience the love and support of this congregation as very special persons in this family of God. Help us to love each other as you have loved us and help us to live in the peace of Jesus Christ our Lord.

Lord help Mary and I live in this parsonage as a sign of your love and devotion and care.

(*and may our house, which one day will be our home again I pray, be rented soon.

AMEN

No comments: