Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Gree day

It's been a glorious day. I slept till 7,got my walk in, weighed and got a good result. I was at the office by 9 a.m. and I worked till noon. I delivered four meals to a home of shut-ins. I took nap. I went back to work by 2 and worked till nearly 5.

I'm still not done with bulletins, power point, planning for next sermon series, taking a first look at the sermon series in July on the Holy Spirit.

The point is, didn't I uaed to do all then on a part-time schedule?

God gives us all we can handle, then we run out and put more on ourselves. See, the reason I must finish early is I'm doing another Kairos prison ministry Friday night and Saturday. I'm rushed, therefore, to finish by Thursday to get any sort of dat off this week.

The Bible says:

18 The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn,
shining ever brighter till the full light of day.

19 But the way of the wicked is like deep darkness;
they do not know what makes them stumble.

20 My son, pay attention to what I say;
listen closely to my words.

21 Do not let them out of your sight,
keep them within your heart;

22 for they are life to those who find them
and health to a man's whole body.

23 Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life.

24 Put away perversity from your mouth;
keep corrupt talk far from your lips.

25 Let your eyes look straight ahead,
fix your gaze directly before you.

26 Make level [b] paths for your feet
and take only ways that are firm.

27 Do not swerve to the right or the left;
keep your foot from evil.


I especially like the line that says the words of the wise man are like health to the body.

Tonight I had stuffed green pepper and squash/zucchini. I like none of those items, but I understand the benefits they have for me. I understand I can eat these things and live a day longer or I can eath Pizza and ice cream and perhaps not make it to see3 the end result of my work for the Lord.

Makes you wonderr.

No comments: