Friday, February 24, 2012

Proclaiming His greatness

David appointed some of the Levites to lead worship in front of the Covenant Box, and they blew horns of trumpet and sang the first contemporary worship song:

"Give thanks to the Lord, proclaim his greatness; tell the nations what he has done. Sing praise to the Lord; tell the wonderful things he has done. Be glad that we belong to him, let all who worship him rejoice?

When's the last time you sat in your room, sat in your car, sat on your deck and simply gave thanks to the Lord for more than a 30-second breath prayer? When's the last time you admitted that all you have is nothing compared to the riches of the blessings that God has given you?

I'll admit I forget from time to time. I'll admit that I look around and wonder just what it is that I have. Then I see a wonderful, loving, caring wife who is far more admired and loved by two congregations than am I. I know I have healthy, loving children and grand-children who seem to abide me. I know I am mostly healthy, although I'm not sure about the mostly all the time.

I realize I am given the honor of leading worship each week, of proclaiming the word of God as best I can. I know that I am able to go places and help those who are in need far more regularly than others.

I am blessed. I read something yesterday about one should always remember where one was when the Lord lifted them out of their situation. I can never forget that without the Lord there is little question in my mind that I would be dead. I would be penniless. I would be without all those blessings I mentioned before.

Therefore, I give thanks to the Lord and I proclaim his greatness.

How about you guys?

No comments: